SLI or not? i need it under 325

Status
Not open for further replies.

deano3041

ok heres my deal i have planned on gettin a x800xl for my new pc because of what i read in computer shopper. the mag said that the x800xl would perform great in most all games but now i have read reviews that are making me lean towards sli possibly 2x 6600 gts i want the total cost to be under 300 but if it is under 325 that is good too i will be playin counterstike source and age of empires 3 when it comes out i will not be playin doom 3 but i might get battlefield 2 i would enjoy playin most of my games on high detail but i do not need screaming frame rates just a great picture that wont affect my gameplay as i understand counterstrike does not require that great of a graphics card for high frame rates but i hear battlefield 2 is a monster so i would b comfortable with playin that on medium detail and high frame rates. anyways what i am askin is waht setup should i go with should i git the x800xl or go with the sli and waht kind of advantage will sli give me?

thanx

Do you have the dfi sli board or the dfi nforce ultra board? If you don't have an sli board, go with a more powerful single card, as a new motherbaord will set you back at least $150, which doesn't leave much for the cards. A 6600gt sli is similar to a single 6800gt. x800xl's are good cards too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back