Slight Problem with new Acer 19" Widescreen

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalX

I just got a new widescreen monitor yesterday, an Acer AL1916W. It's very nice compared to my old no-name 17" 1280x1024. It's specs are:

1440x900
5ms
75Hz

I'm having a problem getting it to run at 75 Hz. It is rated for 1440x900 @ 60Hz and 1440x900 at 75Hz according to the user's manual. But when I go into "advanced" in display properties, all that's listed is 60Hz, even when I uncheck the box that says "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display".

This is under Windows Vista Ultimate.

It does run at 75Hz when I'm playing World of Warcraft, but I want it to do so on the desktop as well. Is this maybe due to the fact that it is connected through DVI, not VGA? (I have no experience with DVI as all my previous monitors used VGA) Will it run at 75Hz if I connect it using VGA instead of DVI? Or does the problem lie elsewhere?

I doubt it... my 7950GT is only 7 months old... an it didn't show any previous problems with my old monitor. The only difference between the connection on my new one and old one is this:

The new monitor connects like this:

[Videocard}{DVI plug}-------{DVI Plug}{Monitor]

The old one connected like this:

[Videocard}{DVI-to-VGA Adapter}{VGA Plug}---------{VGA Plug}{Monitor]

The only difference is that this monitor uses a DVI connection instead of a VGA connection, meaning that I don't need a DVI-VGA adapter anymore.

It could be a typo. In my monitors manual they spelled sound "soud". Don't be afraid to call up tech support. Even if they do send you in a lope. EX- Manual says call tech support> Tech support says refer to manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back