Slow computer, Combofix and HijackThis! Attached

Status
Not open for further replies.

andehpandeh

Please help, I'm running on XP SP2 with 256MB DDR RAM and a 3.2Ghz Intel Celeron processor. The computer takes about 10 minutes to fully start up, and though I've got AOL :/ it's still really sluggish...

Any help would be really appreciated! :)

Your computer appears to be infected, though I'm not sure yet. However, you haven't renamed HJT, and you're using and old version of it.

Please go and read the Viruses/spyware/malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, ComboFix, and AVG Anti-Spyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above. Also post here the results of the AVG Anti-Rootkit scan.

Regards :)

This thread is for the use of andehpandeh only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our Security and the Web forum.

Use the following 3 anti-spyware utils:

All are free. Also run the in Safe Mode. If the problem persists, run an XP repair installation.

spiritedwolf said:
256Mb of RAM isn't that much, you should probably have at least 512, if not 1Gb.

What am I saying! SpiritedWolf is right! You are very low on memory! Not to mention you're running a Celeron processor which is a lightweight! I'll bet you're internal HDD is small too!! That's why you're comp is so slow!!

You might want to consider buying a new comp. If you're tight for $$$, trying buying a refurbished comp. They're usually 2 years old for about $400. Great bargain!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back