Slow computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE:hi

HI,
I've got Packard Bell desktop bought in 2003. It was working fine till a coupla weeks ago, when it was so slow. I have a coverplan so I called the help line several times and the first time was told to Click start, run, startup, disable all. It was great cause it really speeded it up. But, I then found out that I could log onto the net, to bt broadband, MSN messenger, but couldn't sign into my Hotmail account. So I went back to start.....run, when I go onto Normal startup, I can log in fine even to my hotmail account, but at a snails pace( back to square one). On selective startup I it speeds up but cannot get into my Hotmail account:( but can access all other online stuff.
I was told by the totally useless PB team different things everytime I called, and now they've confused me no end.
I need to go back to my original settings.....I've downloaded a recovery Disc, Backed up my files, But do not know how to go about it. Tapping on F11- like they told me to do, doesn't help.
These are the details of my computer
PB IMED 5044 170 from YATE LDC
PB A727 MON
PC LINE USB A-B CBL 1.8M
I don't know if this is relevant info. But can anyone advise me please?
Kind regards
pcuseless.

I have moved your post from the Introduce Yourself forum to it`s own thread in our Windows OS forum.

Before doing anything drastic, take a look at this thread HERE and see if it helps to speed things up.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back