Slow load times in video games. Any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan29121

I recently just built a computer and I notice that when I'm playing video games that between maps (in games like TF2) I experience really slow load times. I also have a two year old laptop right next to it and it loads maps in half the time. I have a very fast Seagate barracuda drive which should load much faster than a laptop drive. Is there anything I can do to speed this up? All my computer specs are listed below. I am running this on XP professional x86. Thanks in advance for your help.

ryan29121 said:
I recently just built a computer and I notice that when I'm playing video games that between maps (in games like TF2) I experience really slow load times. I also have a two year old laptop right next to it and it loads maps in half the time. I have a very fast Seagate barracuda drive which should load much faster than a laptop drive. Is there anything I can do to speed this up? All my computer specs are listed below. I am running this on XP professional x86. Thanks in advance for your help.

i had this problem after i re-installed my windows again 2 weeks ago.

if your playing online games, you may need to download all the images from that game to your hard drive by using the " -image" command right after your target address example ""C:\Program Files\Guild Wars\Gw.exe" -image"

this process may take several hours, but it made my load times go from 3-5 minutes inbetween maps to 2 seconds inbetween maps ;)

if your not playing online, then i have no clue on how to help you.

Could you explain that to me again. Say for the game team fortress 2. I already installed the whole orange box onto my computer. What do I have to do with the images that you were talking about?

are you playing online, ive never heard or played that game.

ok if your playing online takes these steps:

*locate your desktop shortcut for that game
*rightclick that shortcut
*click on properties (near or at bottom of menu)
*in the section that says target , it should look something like this "C:\Program Files\Guild Wars\Gw.exe" but since its not guildwars it would say whatever game your playing
*after that address type this -image
make sure there is a space between this symbol " and this symbol -

i think that is how its done, after you have done this, run your game and it should download all images that are currently not on your hard drive.

it may take a while tho so you need to be patient, it took 6 hours for me with guildwars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back