Slow loading of programs and websites

Status
Not open for further replies.

DGutierrez32

Hello again....I recently posted a thread on this board because my computer somehow came down with both the begin2search.com toolbar and the SAH (shop at home) agent. I didn't get any advice besides someone telling me to read the threads I had already read, so I decided to do a Quick Restore on my computer and get everything back to the way it was when I first bought it. So I did the quick restore and the first thing that happened when I opened IE was the appearance of a pop up. It's not the SAH agent or the begin2search bar, but there is something called Media Access that shows up in the Add/Remove Programs list. I've already removed it twice today but I have no doubt it will appear again tomorrow. I run Spybot S&D and I always get DSO Exploit, DoubleClick, Avenue A, and Advertising.com entries. However, I'm mostly concerned with the snail-like speed in which my websites and programs run. I'm on dial-up so I don't get fast speeds to begin with, but that shouldn't interfere with how fast my programs load. Ever since I restored my computer to factory settings, everything has been extremely slow. One of my favorite websites, www.operationsports.com, doesn't even load in IE, Mozilla Firefox or AOL. Is there anything someone can suggest to help me out?

Your puter is unprotected ..D/L and run , SpyBotS&D, Adaware and use Spywareblaster , updated all.You may need to run CWShredder and Hijackthis also.

Go HERE and follow the instructions carefully. Print them out if you can.

Once you have done that then go HERE for instructions on how to post your Hijackthis log.

You were advised to do this in your earlier post.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

Yes, my suggestion is, to follow advice when you get it!
In your previous post you were advised to DO all those weird and wonderful things in that Search-Removal thread! I bet you did not even READ it all. It would have been half an hour to an hour's work at the most, to (then) rid your PC of the nasties.

I'm sending you to that same post, and suggest you follow the instructions EXACTLY, especially about UPDATING and HijackThis file-location.
How to remove Begin2Search/Coolwebsearch and Other Nasties
Then see How to post your Hijackthis log-files.

The best thing to do after installing a new OS is first install an AV and a firewall before hooking up your inet connection. This way you can't get malicous files since you aren't connected to the inet. Once you have an AV and firewall, go directly to Windows Update and get your critical updates and all others. This way you don't spend long online with those critical flaws. Once you have those you should be at a much smaller risk of getting malicous files and problems. Best of luck.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

I went back and checked my last post to make sure I had attached the HJT log; it's there. It even had two views, so I don't know why I'm given the instructions on how to do it again. I'll post it later, I have to restart.

Yes, it was there indeed, but you have to do your 'homework' first, before we help you further, so go there, do it, then post a new log.

PS: I can see immediately if you did your homework or not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back