Slow Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

narcussist

I recently just bought a new Radeon HD 2600Pro AGP video Card. I was having troubles in another area, and that problem has been fixed. The problem from my last was that my motherboard was too old. Now on to this new problem.

Well with my motherboard being to old, I went out and got a new motherboard, a Biostar P4M89-M4 with a Celeron 2.5 2GB matching memory. I reinstalled windows, updated with the latest updates and drivers.

When starting my video card, I tried the Radeon 7.7 drives, performance was slow, so I figured I would try the latest ones on the sapphire site for my card. I have downloaded those and installed. Basic performance has improved with the latest drivers, but when I play any of my games, the game is real choppy. When I go in and play Day of Defeat (DoD) my FPS are around 10, this is no fun to play with.

Does anyone know how I can get this card to perform better.

You have to have all the Microsoft Updates installed including all the .NET Framework software and .NET updates... I use the same video card. You may also need a stronger power supply. Did you connect the power connector to the video card? I believe that the Sapphire Radeon/Catalyst drivers are version 7.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back