sltchogw.t process.. what is this!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I'm new to this site.

I've been having some major problems as of late. I can't open msconfig... seems like I have a virus that blocks everything that can be used to cure it. I have "sltchogw.t" and variations of that process running.. does anyone have any clue what this is? Here is my hjt log:

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I'm about to take a sledge hammer to my hard drive.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You`re not running any antivirus or firewall software. This is a huge security risk.

Go and read the Trojan Pakes and other nasties preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of imgoinhungry only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I have tried running spybot and adaware, but whatever I have on my system prevents them from loading. I'll see if I can get either running.

Ad-Aware and SS&D are antispyware programmes, not antivirus programmes.

Just follow the instructions in the link I gave you.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of imgoinhungry only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

it's a lost cause!

Hello,

Thanks for the help, but I think I'm just going to say screw it! It seems like it has been infected with the Luder virus and is swamped with spyware. It is like five years old, so I don't mind trashing it. I'm going to buy a laptop... anu suggestions? I'll start a new thread. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back