SNR on Router

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kev32

I've been doing quite a bit of rewiring on my telephone cables today. And this may just be due to BT reworking the connection or something but I appear to be losing connection quite frequently. I've checked the SNR on my router but don't really understand it :( Was wondering if some could tell me whether it could be my problem and I need to go back and rewire.

Noise margin: 22db (upstream) 9.5db (downstream)
Output power: 11.5dbm 18.5dbm
Attentuation: 29.5db 48db

The margin is on the low side. What speed are you syncing at? Have you tried with the modem/router plugged into the master socket with the extensions disconnected?

Thanks for the reply Duke,

Yeah I mananged to sort out the problem last night. After getting really annoyed with it continuosly crashing I went outside with my torch and took a look at the wires. I managed to find where the problem was. At One of the sections where i had fixed to tele wires together the wires wern't properly intertwined with each other and i think that the 2 seperate wires may have also been touching. Not entirely sure but I repaired this fault and haven't had a disconnection since :)

Still, Thanks for the reply! :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back