So angry with DABS advise?

ptitterington

I am so annoyed at the moment. I will explain why.

I purchased a specific graphic card for my dad, an asus gf fx 5200 128mb ddr agp PCin as he needed a new gc and a tv card.

After about 6 weeks he realised that thete was a problem and it needed replacing.

I packed it up and sent it back to DABS UK with the correct RMA and was informed that there would be a 6 week wait.
9 weeks later I got a full refund and purchased the same card as there is little choice.

Imagine my shock to receve my card back less the manual that I forgot to return and one free piece of software that I forgot to return and all the registration codes that I wrote on the cd sleeves in my handwriting.

AAAAARRRRRGGTG I am so mad what can I do.

The poxy card still is broken.

Is this their policy,

What would of happened If it was not me that ordered this card but someone expecting something new.

aaaaarrrrr angry

errm dabs is funny about returns

i returned a faulty antec trueblue 480w and they put it up for resale.... admitadly they put it up as a used product but it was faulty... it worked but the fans in it were running to slow and it overheats so some poor basket has bought tht and now has a really dodhy supply

i think they tested it but never saw the problem as it was a 5 second test... doesnt get hot in tht time.

really stupid as i deatiled the problem to them and they completely ignored me. also they were really slow with the return of my product and i had to keep chaseing them up.

personally this disapointed me as i had been really happy with there service up until then.

Scott

Hahahah WHAT!?!?!!?

AM I going MAD, or did I read that correctly?

Did you just say that you return a defective card and then bought another one and they sent you the same card back?

:evil:

Maybe they sent it back to the supplier to have it repaired. Even so, they should not have resold it as new after you reordered. What was the fault on the original?

It was an asus GF FX5200 128mb card which has a built in tv tuner card.

Basically it was for importing analogue video clips to store on dvd.

Basically the tv tuner did not work. It would not detect any stations and it would cause random freezing.

Since I put back in an old 32mb gforce the machine has behaved.

His problem is he has no spare pci slots for a separate tuner card.

Its an asus a7v333 with 1gig ddr athlon 2.6, couple of 120 gig hd dvd and cd burners and new 450w psu.

I just am angry that they sent out old and obviously used gear to a new order.

When I returned it I did not have the original anti static bag so I used the one that my motherboard came in just folded double. It was still in this and I swear that Its the same piece of sellotape that I used.

Im 99.9% sure it has never been looked at or sent to manufacturer.

Arrrrrr

Im 99.9% sure it has never been looked at or sent to manufacturer.

yeh i think they did the same with my antec supply.... just not bother.

I think dabs really needs to get there act together when it comes to there returns policies

Scott

Contact trading standards. Report exact what you have reported to us to them.

And try Komplett.co.uk or Kustompcs.co.uk instead. KustomPCs (here in Ayr in Scotland) have a very good customer service reputation. Been buying stuff from them for a while now.

Back