SoF2 Interview...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lokem

Just noticed this interview on SoF2:

Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix Interview
April 02, 2002
http://actionvault.ign.com/features/interviews/sof2.shtml

You're John Mullins, Major, United States Army Special Forces (retired). Perhaps the most highly trained warrior ever produced by the US military, you're schooled in airborne, demolitions, SCUBA, counter-terrorism, skiing, mountaineering and more, not to mention Russian, Spanish and French. A decorated veteran of action in Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Central and South America and the Middle East, usually in extremely dangerous covert operations roles, you're now the world's deadliest soldier of fortune. Your most recent assignment required you to take down a fanatical terrorist organization before it could do the same to you. In order to succeed, you needed every bit of skill, knowledge and instinct you could muster as you undertook a variety of perilous missions ranging from sabotage to assassination to full frontal assaults.

Based on the popular magazine of the same name, Soldier of Fortune delivered realistic, covert operative-themed first-person shooter action in the secretive and deadly world of the modern-day gun-for-hire. Developer Raven Software is now hard at work on Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix, a sequel in which humanity is threatened by a bio-terrorist organization and its two-pronged Gemini Virus. Now, you're off on a transcontinental mission to stop the terrorists and destroy the virus before it's unleashed on the world. Naturally, we've been watching the progress of this highly anticipated title for some time, and recently, we had the opportunity to delve into with the Project Administrator Kenn Hoekstra. The result is this extensive and enlightening Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix Interview.

Sounds awesome already... Except for the fact that they're using a Q3:TA engine. Hopefully the gfx will be even better than JK2 :D

Originally posted by lokem
Just noticed this interview on SoF2:

Sounds awesome already... Except for the fact that they're using a Q3:TA engine. Hopefully the gfx will be even better than JK2 :D

Doubtful if their using the same engine.

Re: Re: SoF2 Interview...

Doubtful if their using the same engine.
Frankly, the SoF2 screenies look a lot better than JK2. Perhaps it's the mods they did to the engine.

hope the story is even better than SoF1 too.
It's a continuation. Should be good since there's actually a continuation in storyline for once in a FPS! :D

why's my guts on the floor?

when i played SoF, i didn't really care about the story much, for i enjoyed blasting bodie parts w/ my shotgun more... shoot their hands, legs and head... one by one :evil: :evil:

Re: why's my guts on the floor?

Originally posted by Ai Hate
when i played SoF, i didn't really care about the story much, for i enjoyed blasting bodie parts w/ my shotgun more... shoot their hands, legs and head... one by one :evil: :evil:

Agreed! I was realy shocked the first time I played SoF1 when I could easily dismember the enemies.. YUM! :D

SoF2 promises even more disfigurement with their GHOUL system ;)

I will agree with you guys there. There was nuthin like shooting someone and seeing the blood squirt out or taking someones head off. What a good game. The train and the Iran? levels got old though.

Originally posted by boeingfixer
The train and the Iran? levels got old though.

They've got this cool new feature which can generate new levels dynamically for multiplayer. Wish they can do that for single player as well. Include a smart way of placing enemies and that game will be gold... :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back