Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes

Right click on the program
Select Properties
Select Compatibilty tab
Tick "Run this program in compatibility mode for: "
Click on the arrow - and select Windows 98 / Windows ME

Will this also work if you download drivers that have the same parameters? I have an external cd/dvd drive that didn't come with any software. I did find a place that has the drivers, but was unsure if I should download it, because I had xp. Now the box says it can run on the xp platform, but the download only said win 98 and ME. I am at work right now, but I think it is a TDK 5201 UE. I have tried to get software for it, but so far unsuccessful at finding any, even on Ebay.

Richard

Thank you very much. That ftp stuff, I never really understood, and trying to download it was a nightmare the few times I tried. I hear it is great if you know how to use it, but I just couldn't get the hang of it.

I'm not following you, can you download from the FTP link above ?
Some business Severs put a firewall lock on trying to do this.

Note: the FTP link is from TDK a world recognized respected company

I have it downloaded, but it is greek to me. I am going to see if I can get to their tech line. There are 4 different programs on the download, and I am not sure if I am suppose to open them all and put them on the computer.

Well, after all that, I thought what the heck. I plugged it in, and it started working. XP automatically recognized it. I can't explain it, but I didn't open any of the downloaded programs to install them from the web, so I guess problem solved? Its going to work out good I hope.

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back