Solved:Help! The Dog Got Me TOO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtgwhite

Help me Please,

This has been going on since last Sunday 10/7/07.

I have done many different scans and I still have this thing.

I have run the following full system scans: 2 AVG Virus and 2 AVG Spyware scans 2 Trend Micro Housecall scans, 2 Spyware Doctor scans, 2 Microsoft online scans, 2 SpyBot S&D scans and 2 AdAware scans.

I think I have killed part of this bugger because at the start of my problems IE6 would freeze as soon as I opened it, now it is running again. When I did an HJT scan after a reboot I would see aboutadog.com and doginhispen.com now I only see aboutadog.com.

I also have been running the Microsoft Malicious Removal Tool and after the scan it tells me that it detected Backdoor:Win32/Zonebac.gen!b but did not remove it. Another thing when I try to boot into Safe Mode my computer just crashes and restarts!

As you can see this has been driving me nuts for the last few days. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I will post my HJT and FindAWF logs in a new post after a reboot.

Thank You Again in Advance.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Please download FindAWF to your Desktop.
Double-click FindAWF.exe to start the tool.
Select "option #1 - Scan for bak folders" by typing 1 and press Enter
When the tool has completed, a report will open up in notepad. Please post the results of the awf.txt as an attachment.

Attach a HJT log as per the instructions HERE.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of rtgwhite only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Here are my logs.

When I ran FindAWF it told me that Trojans were running in memory but I can't remember the name.

Attachments

• awf.txt
    565 bytes · Views: 6
The good news is your HJT log is clean.

Double-click FindAWF.exe to start the tool. Then, do the following
Select "option #2 - Restore files from bak folders" by typing 2 and press Enter .
A text file will open up. Please copy/paste the following text from the quote box (all except the word QUOTE) into the text file.

"D:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG7\bak\avgcc.exe"

Close the .txt file and click Yes to save the changes.
When the tool has completed, a report will open up in notepad.

reboot your system, then please post the results of the awf.txt in your next reply as an attachment.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of rtgwhite only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Here are my latest logs.

whataboutadog.com is baaaack.

Another thing, when I opened up Firefox to post this I saw at the bottom of the window that it said it was trying to connect to burstnet.com and then it loaded my homepage.

This is crazy!

Right click on this link DelO15Domains.inf and choose Save As. Save it to your desktop. Right click on that file and choose Install. It will run immediately (you won't be able to see anything happen). You may delete it afterwards. NOTE: This script will delete any sites you may have added to the Trusted Sites. So if you want them back, you have to add them back to the Trusted Sites again.

Please double-click the FindAWF icon once again
This time we are going to remove some folders.

Use the following option: Press 3 then Enter to remove bak folders

A text file opens called: folders.txt
Click below the line and paste the following list of folders to be removed:

D:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG7\bak

Next, close and click Yes to save the changes.

When done with the above, FindAWF automatically runs a new scan and opens a new log that you need to post.
Please provide the new FindAWF log

Post a fresh HJT log.

Both your log files are now clean.

However, we`re not done yet.

In the interests of being thorough, I`d like you to do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

I think I am finally clean!

Here are my logs.

AVG did not create a report because it only found tracking cookies.

Panda reported "No Files Found"

My system is running 100% better!!!!

Thanks For All Your Help!

:D

Your HJT log is clean.

However, you still have a bit of Symantec/Norton running.

Download and run this Symantec/Norton removal tool.

1. Please download The Avenger by Swandog46 from HERE. Save it to your Desktop and extract it.

2. Download the attached avengerscript.txt and save it to your desktop

Note: the above code was created specifically for this user. If you are not this user, do NOT follow these directions as they could damage the workings of your system.

3. Now, start The Avenger program by double clicking on its icon on your desktop.

Under "Script file to execute" choose "Load script from file".
Now click on the folder icon which will open a new window titled "open Script File"
navigate to the file you have just downloaded, click on it and press open
Now click on the Green Light to begin execution of the script
Answer "Yes" twice when prompted.

4. The Avenger will automatically do the following:

It will Restart your computer. ( In cases where the code to execute contains "Drivers to Unload", The Avenger will actually restart your system twice.)
On reboot, it will briefly open a black command window on your desktop, this is normal.
After the restart, it creates a log file that should open with the results of Avenger’s actions. This log file will be located at C:\avenger.txt
The Avenger will also have backed up all the files, etc., that you asked it to delete, and will have zipped them and moved the zip archives to C:\avenger\backup.zip.

5. Please attach the content of c:\avenger.txt into your reply, as well as a fresh HJT and Combofix log.

Everything looks good there.

Unless you`re still having problems, you should be good to go.

If everything is running ok, please do the following.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Now, turn system restore back on. This will have deleted all your old restore points and any nasties that are in them. It will also have created a new, clean restore point.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

This thread is now closed: If you need this thread unlocking, please pm a moderator with a link to the thread.

Only the original thread starter can do this. Anyone else, will be ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back