Solving my WoW crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

XtR-X

Hey guys long time no see...!

Anyways, I have some issues with my World of Warcraft. I used to have crashes to blank blue screens, followed by restarts, but now its just crashing out (so far).

My specs are in my sig.

I run Windows XP Pro SP2 with the latest updates. I was advised that Creative and their products create lots of problems, so I reinstalled and updated those drivers. No luck. I removed it with the card, and so far it hasnt crashed to a blue screen, but is crashing.

I've run memtest86 for 4 passes, with 0 errors. I got to run PRIME95 for 3 hours only, and there were no errors.

I used to run Omega Drivers for my card, but I reverted back to Catalyst.

I have been making sure that all excess programs are closed when playing. The only things that are open are my AV and firewall (Norton).

My case has really good cooling, and touching everything in there after a crash, and nothing is too hot.

I used to play WoW with all of the same stuff, and I never had crashes. These crashes have been occuring for the last couple weeks.

Any input greatly appreciated!

Your problem

your probem is do to the catalyst drivers i play WoW also and my latop has the 9700 pro card in it and at first i had the catalyst drivers when i was playing and periodically could range from 5 mins of playing to 8 hours it would freeze or crash on me I switched back to the newest version of Omega drivers and WALLA! problem gone game runs flawlessly now except for major server lag with all the peeps around in major cities but yeah switch the drivers back to omega Catalysts blow.

Sounds like it could be a power supply issue. What kind of PSU do you have?

Are you able to run other games without any problems?

lostfuze said:
Sounds like it could be a power supply issue. What kind of PSU do you have?

Are you able to run other games without any problems?

460W Enermax.

I took down my proceser 1x whole multiplier, and its back to stock, 3000+, and I havent seen any crashes so far in a 2 hour period. I'll keep you all updated.

Noob, I went from Omega to Catalyst to hopfully solve the problem, no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back