Some Annoying Problem with my Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaeb

ey, I've had this problem with my computer since I first ever bought my new g card (Asus A9550GE)

Everytime I open World of Warcraft or Warcraft III and play them for like 15-30 minutes the monitor just suddenly switches off and everything stops (my music playing in the background) but my computer is still running. I cant get the monitor to switch back on.
I've tried so many things that come to my head, unplugging the new g card n plugging it back in, re-installing the drivers, replugging my monitor back up, changing my refresh rate to 60 Hertz (from 75 Hertz) and my monitor just switches off everytime i play those 2 games. It only happens when I play the games not when im just listening to music, chatting, surfing the net n things like that, only when i open the games. I dont know what else to do to fix it.
Please Help me!.

Thanks, peace out kaeB

First off i think its worth explaining. You say that you only get the problem whilst gaming, that's when your computer is under more stress, meaning the processor and graphics card in particular are working hard and therefore using more power and generating more heat. Almost all other components are working harder too.

Get speedfan from the downloads section and monitor things for a while, then post the results in this thread.

It sounds like overheating. Use Pc Wizard 2006 and tell us your cpu, gpu temps.

regards,

Korrupt

ok with PC Wizard 2006, Readings are:
Under Processor Menu
Freq: 2000MHz running at 1514Mhz
Voltage:1.646
Processor Temp: 27 Degrees Celsius
" " Fan: 3308 Rpm

Under Voltage, Temp & Fans:
Processor Fan: 3245 Rpm
Processor Temp: 27 Degrees Celsius
Mainboard Temp: 23 Degrees Celsius
Power/AUX Temp: 41 Degrees Celsius
HArd Disk Temp: 28 Degrees Celsius

Those 2 readings are when I'm not playing the 2 games.
If u want I can do a reading when I am playing the games.

27 Degrees Celsius
does not sound right

that's cool
my one amd when just on runs at 35 - 40 C
what is psu rated at

Whats Psu ? i cant find it in pc wizard. this problem is getting so annoying i cant enjoy a game. =(

Psu = power supply unit, you will have to look at the label on the side of it to find its rating in watts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back