Some BSOD's

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferrari24

I have recorded the file causing a couple of BSOD's that I have been receiving lately: "win32k.sys ( win32k!xxxRealInternalGetMessage+1df )", "win32k.sys ( win32k!HMFreeObject+14a)" and "DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL"

I went into device manager and I have a screenshot of what's using what IRQ:
irqoo3.png

I see more than one item on a single IRQ in a couple of places. Could this be the problem, even though Windows won't let me change it and says that there aren't any conflicts?

Also, periodically my computer will freeze for a couple seconds and my music will loop very fast and then won't and will repeat until I restart. This problem has been escalating. It's actually doing it right now.

P.S. I just made a program to increase its RAM usage and at about 1.5 GB (I have 3GB and am using WinXP x64) it says it's out of virtual memory, but the thing is that I have virtual memory disabled. Also, this isn't happening on my x86 version of Windows. I have a picture of some weird RAM shenanigans:
This task manager picture is of a fast update speed, and all the CPU spikes outside of when the RAM increases is when my computer does its freezing up.
Here's a better picture describing this part of the problem:

P.S.S. I ended all the svchost.exe processes and changed the system time to '07 and my computer stopped freezing after that. What does this mean?

Check the error messages by looking in the Event Viewer (Start->Settings->Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Event Viewer).

Windows is set up that certain IRQ's are shared. When I built my system a few years back and I was having crashes I went through a number of steps to try to discover the problems. I, too, ran across what you have but through wise advice I was told this was normal. It was my Sunbelt Firewall that was causing me serious headaches.

Attach your minidump to your next post. If you have a number of them Zip five together.

How to find your minidumps:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files. It is these files that we need you to attach to your next posting, NOT the whole folder.

Below your reply screen is the Additional Options screen. Notice the Manage Attachment button.

The Geekgirl said:
Check the error messages by looking in the Event Viewer (Start->Settings->Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Event Viewer).

Since 11-24-2007 I have had 5,527 events in the System tab. Wow.

Also, I will hope that Windows creates a mini dump next time it crashes. It hasn't made a new one since December 27, but I will attach these three because they seem to be the same error that I have been getting more recently.

I'm planning on repairing Windows XP as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back