Some games wont run on my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Sorry for my por english)

I have a problem with some games in windows 2000 when i start them the screen gets black as if they wore about to start bt then after 2 -3 sec it returns to windows desktop and the game tab with the game name is shown to thr right of the start menu as if u pressed "ALT + TAB" the games are GTA Vice City and Total Annihilation. (Other games like Steam (Counter-Strike) and Battlefield work fine)

I have tryed to pres the tab with the gamename on but then the same thing happen again, the screen gets black...

All started when i boght my new computer before i have used the same windows and have played GTA 3 and it worked fine i dont whant to install Windows XP and i dont even know if that is going to help !

Pleas Help anybody!

When you say you used the same windows, does that mean you used the original install and then added the new MB drivers to it or are you using a clean install? If it's the former you may have some old drivers or registry hooks from your previous system conflicting with your new setup. A clean install is almost required when changing motherboards.

Other than that there shouldn't be a problem with anything in your hardware or drivers that would be a problem for gaming that I can see from your profile.

i am using clean install and so but i think i have solved it caus i updated my Direct X 9.0a to 9.0b and GTA VC works fine now but i have not tested TA yet byt i hope it works other whise i will come back her!

Some ideas...

get latest drivers, sound and video.
get latest version of direct X, ensure that hardware acceleration for sound is turned up to max,
go into display properties and make sure that video acceleration is turned up to max.
download and install the latest service pack for windows 2000
(upgrade to windows XP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back