Some kind of virus gotten off limewire, cant open task manager - HJT Log included!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrightWing(Cc)

Ok, so what happened, I downloaded a bad file off limewire (dont yell at me I know it was stupid). An icon appeared in the tray in the bottom right, it said it was downloading somthing, I couldn't close it, couldn't open task manager either. So once that was done, Limewire was opened up every 5 minutes or so, quite annoying, so I had to keep closing it. Finaly I gave up and uninstalled limewire. Now every 5 minutes or so, a limewire error message comes up saying it cant find the right files. Task manager will still not open up, I'm sure I have other viruses too,

Attachments

• HJTLog.txt
    10.8 KB · Views: 22
I have no sympathy for users of Limewire and similar crap.
Check the Read: How to.. posts is the only advise you get from me.

I believe you should have attached a .txt file to your second post as well, not copy/paste the entire notification in there...

bottom right corner of the post is a EDIT button next to the Quote button. The one with the scissors. Edit your post (delete the log) and attach via Attach Files Option... That should do the trick...

Please dont fight ladies.. lol. Anyway I am sorry to lengthen this anymore but i am having similar problems too.. and more BUT i did not get mine off limewire!. The problem is every 2 mins all my p2p prgrams would open. I removed them (because i barely use them anyway) but i still have a problem with my task manager. And that is only the start of my problems.... I also have some undetectable virus which randomly opens 5 web pages with adverts every 5 mins. and another virus that tries to install a new modem every 2 mins. i have used Norton, HijackThis, CCleaner, Cw Shredder and all the others posted on the forums. PLEASE HELP!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Sjbrand99 said:
Please dont fight ladies.. lol. Anyway I am sorry to lengthen this anymore but i am having similar problems too.. and more BUT i did not get mine off limewire!. The problem is every 2 mins all my p2p prgrams would open. I removed them (because i barely use them anyway) but i still have a problem with my task manager. And that is only the start of my problems.... I also have some undetectable virus which randomly opens 5 web pages with adverts every 5 mins. and another virus that tries to install a new modem every 2 mins. i have used Norton, HijackThis, CCleaner, Cw Shredder and all the others posted on the forums. PLEASE HELP!

Go HERE and follow all the instructions exactly.

Then, open a new thread in the security and the web forum and post a fresh HJT log, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back