Some One Please Help Me!!!my Cd And Cd-r Icons Are Not In My Computer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jate Dawg

some please help y r they not there i will give u ne information u need just tell me wat u need please help

had the same problem a few weeks back, take off the pcs case and remove the cables then put them back in that sorted out my problem. give it a try

Check in you Bios first to see if the drives are recognized .If not there is a connection /jumper issue, You can try Clearing the CMOS if still no recognition.
If Bios sees the drives but Windows does not, Uninstall each drive in the Property page for the drives , or under Drive managment.Then reboot ,Windows will reinstall them.
You may find that after windows finds you drives , you can change the Drive letter to those Drives to a letter like "R" Or "W" (Anything in the latter half of the alphabet).
If you add and remove temporary drives/cameras,etc like USB 's , this can cause confusion as the drive letters flip around.

to liqiden person

can u walk me threw this wat is bios thingy im not that great with computers but i understand most of the basic things and sum advance ones so it would be a great help and thanks

Boot your Computer ,watch the screen for the listing of devices.You should see the CDroms listed(this does happen fast)
Otherwise you will have to enter the Bios Setup application ;during the Post messages press " Del" or "F2"(You will see the right key written somewhere to enter "Setup "on the screen at post)
You should see a screen that lists the" IDE "devices installed on your machine and the CD rom/s will be listed/ or not.
Then you Exit by pressing F10 or Exit (Read directions in Setup carefully and DO Not make Changes) Then " Yes to Save changes " O.K.
If the CD roms are there Post back and I will take you to the next step.

reply to ^

yep all 4 are there the cd rom drive the cd r drive hdd1 and hdd2 (not actual name) this is in the start up not my computer

Get logged on to Windows as an administrator.
Double click on My Computer> right click on each" Rom drive" and open Properties>Driver; You should see a tab marked Uninstall, Click it.
You will see a warning, it is O.K.
Then re-boot the computer, Windows will re-install them at reboot.
You should now have your drives listed in Explorer.
I do not know what your drive letters are for the Rom's but, I change mine to "W" & "R" This will stop any confusion for Windows , especially if you use removable external items USB, Cameras,usb HDD's etc.
Let us know how it is going.

Jate Dawg said:
see thats the problem its not in my cmpter but it is in the start up thingy...

I cannot understand what you mean. Please be as descriptive as possible.Are you saying your CD(a disk in the drive) will not start automatically?

ok my problem is when i put i cd in either my cd rom drive or cd r drive nothing happens and those 2 icons ( cd / cdr) r not in my computer but when u told me to check when my computer is booting up if they r in the list / to check in my bios, they r in the list (both) but they r not showing up inn my computer...

Go into Explorer ( right Click the Start button>Explore ) and write down each of the drive letters you see and post them back to me, along with the description next to the letter , eg. "System C:\"

That is new for me.Bios sees Windows not!
I would Shut off the Computer ,Open the case and check CAREFULLY the cables connecting to the CD roms, cofirming the following.
The flat wide cable connecting the two drives is seated correctly (notch matching Notch)and Bent Pins
The drive that is on the middle connector of this cable is correctly designated "Slave"(Check the Jumpers)
The drive on the End of the cable is designated "Master"
Check the opposite end is pushed in properly to the Motherboard and lined up ,and it is in the socket that states SEcondary IDE channel
Make sure the Power connector(White with red, yellow , black wires) is lined up correctly ( angled corner) and pushed in firmly into the back of the CD rom's
When you finish reboot and watch to see if lights come on on the front of each Rom

well i did that and well no luck nothing is different even tho the lights light up it doesnt work but when its reading a disk or loading the lights flash and when its done the lights should stay on but it doesnt...

You said lights are on when reading a disk , does that mean you can play a cd and get sound / or you mean reads a disk but no sound etc.
It is normal for the light to go out when the Rom is idle(at least for most brands)
Something is blocking , You will have to try new cable(Wide flat IDE )
Or you may have broken Rom drives and you might just need new ones.
Have you got a friend who can loan you a drive to see if it works in your machine/ try putting your CD 's in someone else's machine. At least then you will know your computer is fine etc.
Let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back