Some questions on Direct Connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amigosdefox

Ive been using this file sharing software for 2 days and im starting to like it more than Morpheus since its harder for people to leech files and not shared since most hubs require you to share a min number of files. But I still got some doubts that I couldn`t answer in the Direct Connect website.

1.- Can you download the same file from multiple users at the same time? Ive tried downloading the same file by clicking on it from different users and in the dowloading status I see separate connections for the same file although in the recieved file folder I only see one file.

2.-How do I know if download is really compleated?
Unlike Audiogalaxy which uses temp files or Morpheus which uses .dat files Direct connect doesnt have temporary files in the recieved folder so if for example you are downloading an Mp3 file
and you have only downloaded 50 kbytes the file will apear as an mp3 and you dont know if it is completed or a partial file.

3.-Can you resume donwloads? I havent found a way to resume unfinished downloads. I have 3 files that are incomplete but dont know how to resume them.

Originally posted by Amigosdefox
1.- Can you download the same file from multiple users at the same time? Ive tried downloading the same file by clicking on it from different users and in the dowloading status I see separate connections for the same file although in the recieved file folder I only see one file.
Yes, it will ask you what you want to do with them. You can just rename them, or put a 1 or 2 at the end of them

2.-How do I know if download is really compleated?
Unlike Audiogalaxy which uses temp files or Morpheus which uses .dat files Direct connect doesnt have temporary files in the recieved folder so if for example you are downloading an Mp3 file
and you have only downloaded 50 kbytes the file will apear as an mp3 and you dont know if it is completed or a partial file.
This is a little tougher, you will just have to go into your queue folder tab and check to make sure it has finished. If it has, it will be gone, but if it hasn't then, it will still appear, and all you have to do is hit resume.

3.-Can you resume donwloads? I havent found a way to resume unfinished downloads. I have 3 files that are incomplete but dont know how to resume them.
See above answer:)

Have these suggestions helped your porblem out at all, I would like to know, just so that if I posted something wrong, I can change it so others don't try and do the same thing.

Thx Amigosdefox

Yes thank you, however I have been using it for a week now and I think that you cannot download the same file simultaneusly from serveral users like in Kazaa. If you are in a hub and click on the same file from two different users I think that two seperate downloads are started for the same file.

Yeah....It's been a while since I have used it, but you might be right about the multiple downloads. I'm gonna go check it out and get back to you and let you know for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back