Some serious laptop trouble that i cannot fix...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone im new and i am not very good with computers but what i do know is this, my laptop has a bad virus/spyware...

Every once in a while i get a SYSTEM ALERT blinking '!' in my toolbar. I constantly get fake antivirus popups and my internet explorer hompeage has been changed to iesafetylist.com and everytime i open it a big internet explorer warning shows up. I am pretty sure i have the IESMAIN.exe (not sure if i remeber that perfectly) virus type thing. My laptop is running sooo slow and it has to be because of this.

I'm really sorry if this is simple to fix or whatever but i really am not very smart when it comes to computers. My laptop used to have the whole "Spylocked" fake antivirus popups but i got rid of those and i think i got rid of DrAntispy for good but im not definite.

Any help would be veryyyy appreciated.
I'm not sure how to post my scan things on here like i've seen other people doing but i would if someone would tell me.

Thanks!

See this post by Howard_hopkinso, found elsewhere in this forum:

" If your system is infected. Read this before deciding whether to CLEAN or REFORMAT.
Before deciding whether your computer needs cleaning or reformatting, You need to ask yourself some questions.

Do you use your computer for any of the following? Online banking/Business purposes/storing sensitive or very personal information?

If the answer to any of those questions is yes, then you should immediately disconnect your computer from the net and do a complete format and reinstall.

This is because you computer may be infected with backdoor trojans. These will have sent your info to a third party who may use that info for their own purposes. If you use online banking, then your should contact your bank and arrange to have your password changed immediately. You should also, change any other passwords you use as these may have also been compromised.

Even if we cleaned the infections, it wouldn`t help to recover the info that may have been gleaned from your system and there`s no guarantees that your computer would be safe to use.

If you only use your computer for music/games etc, then cleaning it of infections, is possibly a better option to a reformat.

See these two links below, before you decide what you want to do.

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/10063
http://www.dslreports.com/faq/10451

If you decide you do want to clean your computer, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into a new thread in this forum(unless you already have a thread, in which case you should continue to post in it.).

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan."

Then look at the materials in the sections on Security and the Web, and Misc Software and Utilities.
Read the advice of Momok, Jobeard, Howard_hopkinso, Nodsu, Mopar Man44, Phantasm66 and others.
There are "Stickies" in this forum that will tell you exactly what to do to run the routines and post them here for the experts to help.
It looks more difficult than it is... to get those HiJack This and other reports down, and memory dumps turned into .dmp files... just don't let the stuff intimidate you... as these guys will understand and be very helpful.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of FefeJQ only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Okay thanks howard. I am on that step now, the AVG Antispyware one and they found two things. two Downloader.Obfuskated things. the filenames were size platform curb.exe and minime.exe. I donno what to do with those.

I'm gonna finish and then try to post a log if i can figure out how.

THanks!

Instructions for posting logfiles can be found HERE.

Have AVG Antispyware quarantine it`s results as per the instructions.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of FefeJQ only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back