Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I am just wondering if someone can help me I have an

GIGABYTE GA-M51GM-S2G (motherboard)
AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor
2GB RAM DUAL CHANNEL
650W PSU
SAPHIRE RADEON 1650x PCI (graphics card)

I have taken the processor heatsink off and replaced it with a Scythe Mine Rev. B CPU Cooler socket AM2, 775, 754, 939 and 940 SCMN-1100, I have 2 fans at the front of the machine and 2 at the back of the computer I built it the front fans suck the air in and the back ones draw the heat out I am really confused dont laugh :) I cant understand what temprature my processor/computer should be I used the gygabyte Easy tune please see link

what is a CPU temp and a system temp??

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h107/MUPPET90/myspeeds.jpg

Also I dont understand what speeds my processor speeds are I am on the understanding that it is a AMD ATHLON 64 X2 DUAL CORE 4200 this is split in to 2 so each core is 2100??? http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h107/MUPPET90/amdspeed.jpg

I am really and utterly confused - Please remember I am thick so any replies please put them in to basics lol. And I think since I put this new processor fan in my RPM is under 1000 is this right?

Thanks for looking anyway

The CPU is the processor (central processing unit). So in your case your running at 22 celcius i think that says which is nice and cool. And the system temp is most likely to be your motherboards temperature (not too sure though).

The system temp is most likely the ambient temperature of the air in your case. Temps is short for temperatures BTW.
As far as your processor goes, you don't really split any numbers, since the X2 4200+ has two identical CPU cores, each running at 2.2GHz, which the screenshot also shows. It should be at around 30C when on the desktop and not more than 40-45C or so under full load (for example, when playing a game), especially since you have an aftermarket cooler on it.

See i knew i would be wrong :p my Pentium D 820 runs at around 40 idle and 50-55 under load (gaming). i don't want to buy a new cooler in case it doesn't fit inside the case or something on the mobo obstructs it :(

Pentium Ds are known to run hot due to their Prescott cores, as are some later-generation P4s. No problem with that, unless your room is already sweltering! ;)

oh ok then thats saved me a couple of quid :D just need to look into getting a new PSU which shouldn't cost too much.

Look here. For information on clock speeds etc. Dual-core simply means two identical CPU cores on one die (or base, if you will). So effectively, you have two processors joined together. But keep in mind that both the cores are identical and in one "package". For example, you can't put a Celeron and a Pentium 4 in a server motherboard and call it a dual-core PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back