Something majorly wrong with my computer- Hijack Log

Status
Not open for further replies.

ULOST

Im a newbie here and have been trying to get my computer fixed but here is my story. Ok it started a week or so ago and now its just getting worse and screwing up more things. I was on the internet and all of a sudden it downloads some kind of file i didnt pay any attention to it i just thought it was an update or something. But the next day my computer starts to act real funny everything is enlarged all the desktop icons. So im like something is really wrong so i try restoring it but im guessing what ever i downloaded has disabled me from doing that because my computer wouldnt let me do a system restore. And my computer has been freezing for short periods of times like 1 second at a time and then continues for alittle while then freezes again. The sound is also completely distorted beyond no other its getting really annoying.

Today i notice that its changed some of my settings on my computer the date and time are completely different and my windows media player wont load nor will Itunes

I really hope there is nothing too serious because i have signed into my paypal and ebay account

Someone please help

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have removed your copy and pasted log files and deleted your other thread for this problem.

Your system is infected with malware.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of ULOST only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

i attached the hijack this log im working on the others

ok here are my logs i think i have attached them all let me know if you have seen anything beyond this point. Avg didnt find anything and neither did spybot. I am guessing that if it continues then it would be a hardware problem of some sort

Please let me know what you think and thanks for your help so far.

You haven`t attached the Combofix log. Please do so in your next reply.

You have some nasty infections in your system restore points.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Now, turn system restore back on. This will have deleted all your old restore points and any nasties that are in them. It will also have created a new, clean restore point.

Post a Combofix log.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of ULOST only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

ok here is my updated combofix log after my restore points have been turned off

thanks for all your help so far

Everything looks clean.

Delete the C:\Qoobox folder.

Providing you`re having no other problems, you should be good to go.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

ok i will let you know if i have anymore problems. Just to be on the safe side im going to run a few scans tomorrow just to make sure everything is still holding up fine.

again thanks for all your help you were a life saver i was about 2 seconds from buyin a Mac. LOL

Thanks,
Lance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back