Something 'up there' hates my computer, help plz :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I'm a newcomer to the forums, and consider myself a computer savy guy- i've built many computers, and fixed many more- this computer i built for a friend (over a year ago) suddenly hates running- randomly while in games (world of warcraft, fable, Warcraft 3) or in standard applications (word, excell) or no applications- the computer restarts. No blue screen, no errors, occasionally windows will "recover from fatal error" and says it's a hardware issue (well duh!). Anyways, I've systematically removed and swapped every piece of hard ware in this computer and it still randomly restarts (can go 5hours no problems, hardcore gaming, then 2 hours of every-5-min-crashes). I've changed power suppies, videocards, all maner of cables (interior and exterior) hard drives, motherboards, cpu's, ide drives (cd and dvd), ram, where i plug the computer in the apartment, it's cables, power /surge strip, reinstalled xp on both hard drives (the test one, and original), put components in a new case, swapped all fans, made sure it's running cool enough (sandra and other temp testing things).

Long story short, nothing has been forgotten (even mice, keyboard, monitor), but still this computer in this apartment doesn't want to stay on forever (the other roommates is fine, mine as well) i've put all these parts into my case for testing, no issues. Argh! What to do? What could it be, actual apartment power? How can i test that? Sheesh! Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Matt

You have some kind of hardware problem. your minidumps crash with a bugcheck of 9C.

0x0000009C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

Unfortunately the minidumps doesn`t say which hardware if faulty.

Regards Howard :)

download Everest home, you can check if the votage is right.. sounds like somethings not delivering 100%

maybe your psu is quitting on you.. check what watts it is and the maker/model.. good quality psu makes a huge difference in system performance than generic/al cheapo psu's..

also update all drivers and game patches and directx

if you can find your minidumps please post 5-6 of them in a zip here..

get a ups and a good quality surgemaster.. good practice

also can you post up the system specs?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I agree with N3051M.

Zip 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps together, and attach them here.

You can find the minidumps in C:/windows/minidump folder.

They may not show anything useful, but on the other hand they might.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Ya, I've been eyeing the temp with sandra, and checking the voltages, they seem fine, i'm thinking that my MB is dying (MSI k8t neo) considering now when i'm trying to start up, the bios screen hangs... for about 20seconds now, instead of the 3seconds it used to, man i hope this thing figures out which part of it wants to die! And I haven't been overclocking (64bit processor, 3400amd- why bother!) but thanks for all the suggestions and checking my report out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back