Sony Cybershot LCD broke, how do I???....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Sony Cybershot DSC-W5. I love this dang camera, but somehow I managed to crack my LCD display screen. No huge deal, as it still takes photos, however, I cannot format my memory card without seeing the menu. Trying to go from memory, I also managed to turn on the time/date stamp which I HATE!!!

Does anyone have the "secret code" for what buttons to push and in what order to at least format the card?? I am going on vacation in a few days, and my card will be full before even leaving home :( If you can tell me how to fix both problems, I swear I will send you a box of cookies!! LOL

I have a place that is going to fix it for me, for $120 but I will have to live without it for an unknown amount of time :( I will go crazy!!

TIA!

You can try formatting the card from a PC.. Just attach the camera and then format the drive it appears as. Make sure you select FAT32 or FAT16 as the filesystem type.

Other than that.. Isn't the menu system thoroughly described in the camera manual? All my Sonys have had a very decent (thick) instruction books with them in many, many languages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back