Sony DVD Burner Not Working...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to these forums, so I'm not sure if this is where to post this, but here I go anyways.

I am very new to DVD burner, and just recieved a DVD Burner little less then a week ago. A Sony DRX-800UL one, infact. After figuring out how to burn DVDs ( Took me enough time ) I was collecting my files and about to burn them when suddenly my Nero decides not to recognize the Sony drive?

Actually, the computer acted as if it didn't existed...

It's functioning perfectly in it's own standards, but when I try to contact it on the computer it can't find it or locate it as a drive. I tried reinstalling Nero, plugging and unplugging, and restarting the computer, but it doesn't want to work.

Does anyone know what might be going on here?

I found the device manager, but it wasn't listed under CD/DVD-ROM drives... Which is the problem I'm having. It's like it isn't connected to the computer at all, but I have hooked it up properly and it is functioning perfectly by itself. It was working fine until Wednesday when suddenly it just stopped working and then shortly afterwards my computer crashed and I needed to rewrite my BIOs options...

Okay, I discovered something new. My computer tried to install the USB cable hardware, but couldn't find the software (AKA a driver) I have no idea where to find one that's compatible with it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back