Sony DVD RW DW-D56A Driver Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys

I own a Sony VGN FS-215S Laptop. I burned a DVD the other day, I think a virus may have attacked the laptop, however now the CD Rom/DVD Read/Writer does not detect any discs at all. If I go the the control panel and Device settings I can see the the drivers are in error. However I have tried unistalling them and restarting. The Plug and Play devices are automatically detected and reinstalled but with the same problem. I believe this is a Driver issue and hopefully not a hardware issue. Can anyone help at all. I can hear the driver whirl when i put in a disc just no drive is detected.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm having the same problem. my sony vgn-fs315s has just come back to me after being repaired and after the day my drive stopped working disc's dont even spin or start to read and the ony way to eject the disc in by right clicking on the drive and pressing eject. If you do find a way to fix you problem cause it soundds the same as mine and I've tried the same steps as you please e-mail me. I don't feel like sending my laptop to sony for another 2 and a half months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back