Sony VAIO laptop, sound and boot problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcroot

Hi Guys!

I need some help with my laptop… I will thank any help.

This is my problem:

I have a Sony VAIO laptop, (model: PCG-K71L) I reinstalled Windows XP on this laptop because of virus problems but I noticed that in order to boot Windows I need to Press F1. In other words, Windows won’t start unless I press F1, I don’t see any error message on the screen, I only see a black screen and I discovered that I have to press F1 by been curious only.

This problem happened even before I reinstalled Windows. I went to the Bios and reset the entire configuration to defaults to see if this will help but nothing… I still need to press F1 in order for Windows to boot.

After pressing F1 Windows XP boots without problems and I’m able to use my PC without problems, the only problem is the sound; I don’t have any sound at all… I went to this website:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-list.pl?mdl=VGNFJ270

I installed all the original drivers (including the audio) and nothing works, I don’t have sound, the sounds seems to be working but I don’t hear anything from my laptop. My friend tell me it could be the speaker (laptop speaker) but I don’t think so since when the laptop starts up it makes a sound (not the windows sound) the Laptop Brand Sound but somebody else told me that this sounds comes from the motherboard.

I don’t know what else can I do, did I install the wrong driver? How can I fix these 2 problems?

Thanks!

I fixed the problem with my sound, I just reinstalled the driver... but I coudn't fix the problem with the "F1" key when windows boots, I need to press this key in order for windows to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back