SONY VAIO Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I have a sony vaio S 580. It is just 6 to 7 months old. It has been working good and all of a sudden the laptop speakers dont go off.
Even when i connect the headphones, the laptop speakers are on. my headphone works good. I checked with different headphones.
There is something wrong with the laptop. When i called sony guys, they made me reinstall my sound driver. But it didnt work. Now they want me to send my laptop to them for service which is really impossible for me as they take atleast 10 days.
10 days without a computer, is going to be a huge loss for me.
Please help me out.

kunalrajan said:
Hi
I have a sony vaio S 580. It is just 6 to 7 months old. It has been working good and all of a sudden the laptop speakers dont go off.
Even when i connect the headphones, the laptop speakers are on. my headphone works good. I checked with different headphones.
There is something wrong with the laptop. When i called sony guys, they made me reinstall my sound driver. But it didnt work. Now they want me to send my laptop to them for service which is really impossible for me as they take atleast 10 days.
10 days without a computer, is going to be a huge loss for me.
Please help me out.

There is a small switch inside the headphone jack that cuts off the speekers when headphones are connected. This switch is likely broken and the only way to fix it so you could get sound through headphones and not speekers would be to send it in to have the jack repaired. You could disable integrated audio and get a usb or PCMCIA sound card to use for headphones but then your internal speakers wouldn't work at all, even when headphones were disconnected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back