Sony vaio pcg-8A4L power problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have one of these laptops and it's in fairly good condition other than an issue with the power supply/AC adapter that prevents it from functioning now. a few months back, it would work, but you would have to jiggle the power cord in the back of the laptop to get it to charge. finally it quit working altogether and won't power up. the batteries are already in bad shape, barely holding a charge, but now nothing works as a result of this problem.

does anyone know what the problem is or how i could determine if this is a problem with the power supply or the AC adapter/power cord? i dont' have any other power cords/adapters that would work with it, unfortunately.

alternatively, how much would a problem like this cost to fix? say there's an issue with the internal power supply. how much would sony charge to fix it?

Sony will want so much money for fixing it that it would probably be cheaper to buy a new one.

Sony Vaio's are very poorly made and as a result often don't last long and are hideously expensive to get fixed.

Your best bet would be to replace the whole thing. Its probably only the socket or the soldering of the socket that has failed but its not an easy thing to repair unless you really know what you are doing.

Same problem

I have the same problem otherwise the laptop is in great shape. Is there anything one can do to fix the power connector? Does anyone have a solution they can suggest other than pitching the laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back