Sony VAIO PCV-RS720G Desktop PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alrite guys,

I am having a issue with this sony vaio. It has pci express slot, i am attempting to install an ATI 1600x pro 512mb pci express video card. When i install the card and turn the computer on, the computer will not post. I have found a bios update. Installed it and got it to post. Now my issue is that when I try to install the drivers for the computer i get a out of resources ( IRQ). It appears that the vga safe is taking the resources, and i cannot install the drivers for the video card. Anyone have any ideas about what i can do, I do not have the motherboard model number, i was told that it was asus board.

Any help would be wonderful!!!

Swiss

Perhaps your power supply isn't adequate to keep up with the upgraded graphics card. The original power supply might have been just enough for the installed components it came with but now that's changed.

Do you happen to have access to a better power supply to test this?

Swiss, I have a pcv-rs630g and I'm going nuts over how to upgrade the damn power supply, you say you upgraded yours, where the you get the compatible part? And oh yeah, Vaios, not the best....

I used a regular atx power supply, pushed out the cd roms, and zipped tied the lose ends for extra support.

I will get some pics if i can get the computer again..

Also there is a bios update which i applies and still no fix... should i close this thread and conisder this a lost cause?

Unfortunately, thats what you get for buying a cheaply made pc.

If you ask sony to sort it, it will cost a fortune and you wont get it back for 3 months.

Its not my computer, i work for a computer shop.. and i was baffled of the fact that sony would build such a computer, yet use crappy part to put it together, all he wanted to do was run flight simulator. oh well

Thanks anyway guys.

Where can I find a compatible 400W power supply like you put in your RS720G? All replies I got was the Delta DPS-295AB was proprietary and no upgrades were available from Sony or otherwise but I'm still trying. It may be the fix for the problem I have with the Linksys wireless N adapter card locking up my PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back