Sony VGC-M1 - Hard disk removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Sony VGC-M1 which while doing a disk compress and defrag decided to shut it's self down, I could not get it to turn back on again so to test the power lead (incase fuse had gone) I replaced with another with no joy, so I plug the original back and then there was a crackling noise followed by a bang then smoke appeared out of the back, I can only assume that the power supply has blown and what else failed to stop the machine turning back on I don't know, I have checked with Sony and they want £450 for the repair, so Ireckon I am better off buying a new PC and getting the Sony VGC-M1 hard disk out, which is my questions is there an easy way of doing this?

assuming your HD didn't die, it should be easy to remove. Bear in mind, you will need to reformat and reinstall windows if you want to use it as a boot device.

Thanks for the reply, I will only want to use it as a temp secondary disk as I will just want to get the photos off and backed up, how easy will it be to hook it up to access the photo directories?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back