Sorry guys

Per Hansson

Staff member
The ones of you who have known me since I started visiting this site have probably noticed my lack of presence for a quite long period of time now.

Before I could spend most of my time in the forums; generally three hours a day wasn’t a problem.

However now days I find it hard to even keep up with the slow paced and only forum section I’m still a moderator of; Cooling and Modding… I asked Julio a while back to remove me as a moderator from the other forums since I had not edited a single post in them…

And now it’s starting to show of in the reviews I do also, before I could complete a review in a weeks time, now it takes more than a month…

The reason to this is that I’ve finally found an education I really like, though it’s taking up near 100% of my spare time, I smiled when I watched one of the series from “Third Rock From The Sun” the other day where one of that actors says something similar to this:

“It’s time for me to find a place where I can stop caring, it’s time for me to start college…”

Then it hit me; That’s been exactly me for the last couple of years…

Partly due to the fact that every single one of my previous schools have just been plain boring, no goal in sight or anything, just plain boring studying, and really, if your not trying to make something good of it that leaves you with allot of spare time, so that was how I managed to visit our site that much under that period…

Though, now as I’ve said, you will probably see me more and more less frequently here around the site, because right now I’ve just begun the education and the stuff we are doing now is “kids stuff” i.e. A+, Network+ etc…

The reason to why I’m writing this post at all is that I happened to lay down and think about what it is I like the most here in my life, and the conclusion I came to was that it infact is computers, had I been given all the money I want what I’d been doing had been buying hardware and reviewing it for you guys… However that isn’t the case…

I admire one person and his name is Anand Lal Shimpi, editor in chief of Anandtech but also a student in my age, going in school but still having time for his site, I guess I’ll have to have a chat with him and ask him how he does it ;-)

Though the only comfort I can give you guys is that I’ll be frequenting the boards and site even less frequently for the coming two years, though when my education is done I’ll have more time for you guys, and hopefully more money so I can do what I like the most: Tweak computer hardware to it’s fullest and play games!!!

Hey man, at least your not giving it up!!!

Keep truckin', we'll all be here still...

(even though I have been in quite a whirlwind for the past month)..

I should b back in 3 months or so to full force..

Times are hard for everyone. People come and go, but they are always welcome when they come back. Just don't give up, that's the main thing. I hope your schooling goes well.

Thanks for your support guys!

I'm not gonna leave you, but I will have very limited time to spend on the site...

I just want to clarify one thing; I'm not leaving you guys or the site.

I'll just have less time to spend here, so you will still see me pop in here and in the IRC channel from time to time...

If you want a chat with me either try the IRC channel (I go by the nick name "Diablo")

Or look me up on ICQ, my UIN is: 42128608...

Back