Sound blaster live! platinum problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm running windows xp pro. i downloaded the xp live! platinum update and it works okay generally, but when i try to access the "speaker" option from audio hq, i get an error message from windows, the one that asks you to report the error or not. the only way i can change the speaker setup is through control panel, and i have to do this every time i turn on my computer.

on a possibly related note, if i try to run unreal tournament or deus ex more than once (ie i exit deus ex, then run it again), all sound effects (not music) become distorted. the first time i run it after turning my comp on everything is fine.

can anybody help me?

the first thing that comes to mind is that the drivers did not install correctly because everytime you try to access the card through the sound properties you get the windows xp version of the illegal error.

Try a reinstall of the drivers. Make sure you completely uninstall the old set first. I may even try a different driver version.

the version i downloaded from creative website works ok for me....

though personally.. i still prefer the sound quality of using the windows 2000 driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back