Sound Blaster Live! Value white noise

Status
Not open for further replies.
So all of a sudden today this new and exciting bug started happening. At any point when playing audio, mostly when starting a new audio file but sometimes in the middle of playing one, all of a sudden you're slapped with this loud and intense monotone buzzing white noise sound. If you then stop the audio and then restart it, most of the time you'll get the right audio stream but at any time the noise might strike again and it's really annoying. So far I've only noticed it when using Firefox and Winamp, but I think it's safe to say that most programs with be affected by this too. So any ideas what's causing this?

Hi and welcome to techspot. This problem seems to be your PC's components fighting over resources. Try moving the card to a different PCI slot on the motherboard. Also, if your motherboard has an onboard sound card, did you disable it in the bios?

Well, I've disabled the drivers that seemed to be malfunctioning and the problem persists. However, I haven't changed PCI slot, but you really think that would be the solution? I mean, I've had it like this for the past... I don't know... 3 years or something like that and it has never given me a hard time before.

Disabling the drivers for onboard sound card isn't enough. You'll need to get into your BIOS and disable it all together. I had a similar problem and that fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back