Sound card - broked

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sound card isn't being recognised by my computer. Any other people I've found with the same problem on the net have managed to fix theres but nothing seems to work with me.

Is there any way I can kind of reset my system and start all over again. Would formatting my hard disk do the trick or do I need to reinstall chipset drivers and stuff?

Is your sound card onboard or PCI or ISA ? If it's onboard make sure it's turned on in your BIOS , if it's not onboard remove it from your PC , reboot your machine , shut it back down reinstall sound card preferably into a different slot , boot up and see what happens

marcuskarl73 said:
Is your sound card onboard or PCI or ISA ? If it's onboard make sure it's turned on in your BIOS , if it's not onboard remove it from your PC , reboot your machine , shut it back down reinstall sound card preferably into a different slot , boot up and see what happens
Onboard. In the BIOS under integrated devices (i think) beside sound it has on. I get an error message when trying to access the volume mixer thingy.

I'm never going to be able to fix it so I think I'm going to start from scratch. Would formatting my hard drive do the trick?

yes, reinstalling your OS would prbly fix it but there's no need to do that, just find out what kind of soundcard you have , download the driver for it , go to your control panel>system , right click on your sound device and update driver, and select specifiy location and point to wherever your driver is located that you downloaded and done . reboot your system and it should be fixed

marcuskarl73 said:
yes, reinstalling your OS would prbly fix it but there's no need to do that, just find out what kind of soundcard you have , download the driver for it , go to your control panel>system , right click on your sound device and update driver, and select specifiy location and point to wherever your driver is located that you downloaded and done . reboot your system and it should be fixed
Nope, tried it but I'm afraid it never worked. Also been in the hosts files and all the crap. Ill try formatting then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back