Sound Card Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerb3

Here is the problem. I bought a SoundBlaster Audigy SE by creative recently , and the sound is great , but when I get on vent or teamspeak I can hear my mic output in my headphones. This is quite annoying , and can't seem to find out how to fix it. I've updated all the drivers ,and still having a problem.

Any help would be much appreciated.
-Tyler

I have just a normal logitech headset , but everything works fine except I can hear whatever I say in my headphones.

Did you hook it up right..

Green - spk
red/pink - mic
blue - input for other sound device, mp3, tap deck etc..

prod14257_hdr_1_6_1.jpg

Blue, green black red I see you have there above..

On-Board Connectors

1. Line level out (Front / Side / Rear / Centre / Subwoofer) or Headphone out
2. Line In / Microphone In / *Digital I/O1
Aux Audio in

You should be using 1 & 2, but make sure you get the right headset with mic for this sound card though other headsets with mic might bleed over as you're getting that problem now..

yeah it's hooked up right...

Everything is working I can hear songs , I can even use my mic and people can hear me , but I also hear myself in the process.

Then you're getting feedback, turn down the 20-db gain Make the adjustments so that mic amp and head phone volume are level where you don't get feedback as you're getting now..

Both my mic and headphone volumes are equal, and I turned off the 20-db gain and it helped a little but I'm still getting feedback.

Run DirectX Diagnostic Tool

Direct Sounds test failed?

click on start
click on run
type: dxdiag

DirectX Diagnostic Tool

On the System page at the bottom of the screen what does
it say for DirectX Version? does it say 9.0c or greater?
If not go to the google and type: directx and re-install that..

or run the test below:

Check the DirectXFiles
Run the Sound and Music Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back