sound cards

By mfm1200 · 4 replies
Feb 3, 2004
  1. a friend wants to build his first pc, he is a musician and wants to be able to record his music directly into his pc. (not sure if this is possible,but nowadays i guess so).
    so he is after a sound card capable of this.

    they use a connector called a midi plug, i guess this outputs from a synthesizer or something.
    if there are any audiophiles out there who can reccomend a sound card or some hardware to do this i would appreciate it.
  2. InsaneMonkeyBoy

    InsaneMonkeyBoy TS Rookie Posts: 163

    The best cards out at the moment only cost you under £170(Creative Audigy 2ZS Platinum Pro) but if you want to get a good deal for your money then check out the Audigy 2ZS:


    I have this card and it works so well and is capable of 7.1 speakers. It'll only set you back £90 at the most. But If you are not willing to pay that then you can get the Audigy2 (no ZS) for £50. It's only 6.1 sound but what the hell. :D
  3. Rick

    Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 4,572   +65

    While the "general purpose" Audigy 2 would be fitting for most home users, there are dedicated recording cards out there. Many of which have more jacks, higher fidelity and are designed soley for studio recording.

    They are also more expensive, usually $300 or up.
  4. iss

    iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,994

    the M Audio line of sound cards would probably fit yuour friends needs. but as rick allready noted they are more expensive than the general purpose cards.
  5. InsaneMonkeyBoy

    InsaneMonkeyBoy TS Rookie Posts: 163

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Similar Topics

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...