sound device problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
the problem is there is no working audio device on my pc.
ive used "aida32" to find the name of the audio device on the motherboard. it is "SIS 7012 audio device". my motherboard is a ECS KSOM7+. i downloaded the drivers for the audio, but it says error 10 device cannot start. any advice? my next step will be to bring it to a tech store. thanks.

The SIS 7012 is HERE

You have to unzip it,and click on "Setup.exe",then restart the PC when asked.

If that is what you have already done,try it a few more times.
Sometimes Windows can be a bit slow on the uptake.

You'd be amazed the number of times I've had people complain that sound suddenly died on their computers. Past the Significant other / Kids who muted the computer while playing video games or put on head phones ALOT of the time Windows itself shut the programs off.

Follow this.
Start - Control panel - Administrative tools - Component Services
Look to see if Windows Audio is ENABLED if not enable it and set to enable every time. If this keeps turning off you sound try to update your drivers (Windows a while back had an update that turned this sucker off and if you had a certain kind of sound card)

i have tried that driver setup. it always quits because of an error "-536870397".

also, windows audio is enabled.

ive been trying to figure this out for over a week and its getting agrevating.

i fixed my problem.

i installed the drivers on my Win98 os instead of XP and the setup ran correctly. now i have sound. works out good, as i plan on ditching XP anyway i like 98 more.

now all i need to do is update my vga driver and i should be well on my way.
thanks.

There is no good reason why the SIS 7012 drivers shouldn`t install on XP.

I advise you to keep trying.XP is a safer and more reliable OS than 98.

Microsoft and many software developers stopped supporting 98 a while back.

It has critical flaws that will never be fixed.

the sis315 video driver worked, reluctanly, but did nevertheless once again for my 98 instead of xp. its fllawed though, directx has problems so i cant play any of my games. i think i may reformat my hd and start from scratch with the drivers i have recently downloaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back