Sound Doesn't Work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, Dunamis here I have been on COUNTLESS Tech Forums etc. and no one has ever been able to help me, They say there #1 and all that stuff but they don't even reply to your post for a few days and when they do they don't help you AT ALL, I hope you guys are different i need sound, Here is some information on my computer.

Computer Brand: Genuine Intel, Intel(r) Celeron(tm) Processor

Manufactured by: Intel

Ram: 127.0MB

AC'97 Audio Controller
Audio Controller Type Intel 82801AB ICH0
Codec Name Analog Devices AD1881
Codec ID 41445340h *Is this the ID you were talking about?*
S/PDIF Output Not Supported

The above information is all the audio stuff from the program called "Everest"

I hope you can help me find a driver and tell me what to do with it. (If thats the problem)

-Thanks

*I have updated my information*

drivers

get on the internet and search for SOUNDMAX drivers or the exact name of the sound card. INstal them and it should work.

Wait till you get HD audio...now thats hard to get working

Hi rawr and welcome to the TS Forum :wave:

You may be hard pressed to find drivers for windows 98 SE as its quite an old OS, however as GoldenGypsy says do a google on the brand name.

If its an onboard audio chip get a torch and take a good look at the board, look for a chip (a black thing with silver legs) with the name soundmax on it, it may have a serial or model number on it again google that, if its a seperate card take it out and have a good look at it and again google any model numbers on it, or alternatively google the make of your motherboard and see if drivers are available from the manufacturers website, however these tend to be outdated but its a start.

As for the Video, this may be a case of updating DirectX visit the microsoft website and download the latest version of DX for your OS.

Regards

I have checked the manufacturers site and they stopped the download links for the drivers because they are freaking lazy retards, As for direct X i have downloaded and it is currently 9.0a and it still didn't fix me problem.

To install drivers from the internet:

go into Windows Explorer, left click on Desktop, then File, then New and then Folder - name the folder XXXDrivers (where XXX = type, eg, AudioDrivers)

go to the site for your driver, find the RIGHT one for your mobo and OS,(click on the nearest site to you if appropriate) and then download button - when asked where to 'save' the download specify your desktop folder XXXDrivers and wait until the download is complete.

Once it is done, clear your screen and click on the desktop folder and then on the file inside - if it is a zip or rar file it will need to be unzipped or unpacked - make sure if you are asked to specify where to unzip/unpack to tell it to do so to the XXXDrivers folder.

Once you are done that, uninstall the old drivers for the device and then select the device and specify update drivers and direct the search to the folder you made (don't let Windows do it).

edit: as to your not having the Win 98 disk anymore - either live without the audio or go for it - your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back