Sound Drivers/Conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

mokaboy

Hi,

not sure how to explain this but here goes...

right i was playing music fine then left computer for a while came back and played another music file and the computer was playing it very jumpy and scratchy, i reinstalled the sound drivers and it got a bit better but now when the computer loads up programs with the sound playing it goes very slow and very fast 'jumpyness' its very bad. I think its a conflict but i have no installed anything recently so i dont know?

I have tried

Reinstalling sound drivers
Adaware, Spybot
System Restore (but this kept failing so didnt work lol good old WINDOWS)

Any ideas? I have windows XP and a new computer, had it 4 months with no problems.

I did get a few error messages saying things about conflicts (winamp) but after i reinstalled sound drivers that went. :| OH and mouse jumps now and then (every 3 secs) i have looked at task manager and it looks fine :darth:

Thanks Moka :darth:

yep, happens when the windows intro (when u start the machine) kicks in too.

:(

help me please :unch:

Do you have onboard sound or are you using a PCI sound card. I have heard of ppl having a problem like this that was because of onboard sound, and they switched to a PCI soundcard, disabled the onboard one, and it worked fine.

It could be your speakers. Try another set of speakers on your PC and see if it still happens.

If you have a PCI soundcard, then try your speakers you use now on a different PC, and if they work, it could be your soundcard.

Correction: Try your speakers on another PC, if they work, then it could be your soundcard, don't matter if it's onboard or PCI with that troubleshooting method.

well ive tried pci (did have onboard) and its better but it seems theres something in the background thats lagging everything including the sound every 2 seconds, if i spin my mouse in circles it jumps every 2 seconds and my sound goes weird. cant find any conflicts and ive ran adaware and spybot plenty of times.

:(

found out the problem here was my hard drive, it was on the way out and if u listened closely (i mean closely) it clicked very quietly when the sound jolted. System restore would sort the problem out for a little while so would a reformat but the new hard drive sorted it for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back