Sound Echoes all the time in XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having a problem with my sound output. Whenever I play my mp3's files in itunes, quicktime, or whatever player it sounds like there is a echo or surround sound turned on. I have switched the different stereo modes in the speaker channel prferences in the control panel and they all do the same thing. I have a dell dimension 4700 computer with soundMAX integrated audio. I uninstalled and reinstalled the latest soundMax driver from the dell website twice, but that didn't do anything. I uninstalled all the programs that I have installed this last week to see if thats the problem but that didn't work either. I'm at a loss now and cannot figure out what is wrong. The sound output has an echo on both my headphones and my home theatre system that I have hooked up to the computer. This has never happened before and has been going on for about a week now. Does anyone know what the problem is? I've searched online threw lots of different forums with people having this problem when their playing games and can't turn reverb or echo off but I don't really play any of those games. I have a snes and n64 emulator, but I installed those a long time ago.

do you have a microphone hooked up? if so go into the windows volume control panel , go to recording, and mute your microphone. you do not need ot have it unmuted to work.

I had this same problem, try reinstalling your sound drivers or try a different version of them. If it isn't the mic or if you don't have have, try a sound card if the driver suggestion does not work. I have an extra one if you want it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back