Sound effects after booting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

undiscovered

Approximately 2 weeks ago, every once and a while after I boot up my notebook, I would hear a 2-3sec audio clip from my speakers - sometimes a sound effect, other times a voice. lol.

No applications would be loaded when I hear this sound. It only happens after I boot up - maybe a minute? Nothing appears, nothing seems to be running in the background out of the ordinary from msconfig. I have 2 gigs of ram, 700mb of which are being utilized immediately after bootup.

I read similar threads, but most individuals said it sounds affects often present after you update software. I have not updated in a while.

I ran AVG and it's clear of any viruses. I am also up to date with Vista. I notice a popup from windows informing me that a file 'ndt2.sys' is not responding properly. I researched that and found it 'could' be a trojan.

Sounds bizarre, I know.
Ideas?

Thanks for the reply.

I ended up running SUPER anti Spyware on my notebook, and sure enough it detected ndt2.sys as a trojan. I have quarantined the file and have not noticed any 'sounds' after boot-up.

Attached is my hijackthis file.

If anyone could inform me of any problems?
Thanks.

Thanks.

I have re-scanned several times since removing the file and have not yet seen it appear. Could it still be hidden? Does my Hijack this file say otherwise?

I will run through the steps you did and see if anything further develops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back