Sound/modem card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

puck_andy

Has anyone ever heard of a Rockwell Chameleon combo card? I'm trying to sell it, but I have no idea what it should go for. It is pretty nice, being a sound/modem combination card using only one pci spot. It is from a HP 8668c. Any help would be appreciated.

It is actually two cards, a sound card combined with a modem, but also connected. Comes stock with the previously mentioned 8668c HP computer. It uses one pci slot, but needs two openings, one for each card. The cards are connected via a small cable. Unfortunately I don't have a digital camera or I would show you what it looks like. The specs are listed on hp's website under that model number of computer. I can't find this part anywhere else simply because hp is probably the only company that uses this component. Hope this helps:confused:

In my opinion the price for the combo shouldnt be more than 5 bucks especially if its an oem from hp. Those items are really worthless nowadays and you can pick one up for free at your local hardware place.

Goodluck with finding a seller. ;)

I was afraid of that.

I'll just remove it from listing then. I was afraid that it would be useless. Maybe if I ever make a cheap computer in the future I can use it. Thanks for your help.:grinthumb

horse759

If your card is less than 9" long (otherwise it won't fit for what I need), I would like to know if you still want to sell it. I need it for a HP 6640c PC. Please let me know.

More than willing to sell

Sure, let me figure out what shipping with some insurance will cost. I'll give it to you for five and shipping. Been storing it in a anti-static bag, so it should be just as good as the day I pulled it.

Card

Thanks a million. My email is 'rrogers@indy.rr.com'. If you want to send any further info. Like shiping etc.. Thanks again. :hotbounce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back