Sound not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tifc8lraz

Hey techspot :grinthumb

The issue I'm having is with my sound; the chipset for it is integrated into the motherboard, and after a clean install on a new hard drive, the sound is not working. The motherboard is an FIC AU31, and come with nForce2 "Audio" (in reality, AC'97). I installed the nForce2 Drivers....twice, AC'97 Drivers, made sure it was enabled in BIOS, tested the speakers, etc.

It shows the driver as installed, and fully functional (even showing the bars of sound in the driver software). I can't understand this, and I'm starting to get "enojado" ;) .

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

~cfitzarl

EDIT:
I just plugged a headset into it; it recognized my voice (it showed bars when I breathed into it), but did not play back.

All of those are fine; I have made sure all drivers are installed correctly, that all sound capabilities are reached as well.

Note that I have tried different variations of drivers as well.

Do you have any overclocking?

if so,please try tuning them to default/normal mode then reboot.

some on-board sounds sometimes conflict with overclocking.

No overlocking; nothing modified. I have even tried flashing BIOS, and made sure that the audio codecs were on in BIOS; no luck.

It shows the driver as installed, and fully functional (even showing the bars of sound in the driver software).

Are you sure this is not just a volume problem

Check in Control Panel ->Sound and audio devices -> Audio
Select Advanced on your defaullt audio device
Confirm Sound is not muted and is up.

Also have a look for AC97 Audio in Control Panel, and confirm all is OK in there too. There may be a program group (in All Programs) for this too.

Lastly confirm your speakers are operational and any manually adjusted volume is up

How about un-installing the sound driver.

boot to safe mode and re-install the driver.
if you have downloaded the latest one,save that for the next try if
the OLD driver didnt work.

try them both,OLD to LATEST in safe mode.

if the OLD driver didnt work,un-install it first before you
install the LATEST,again in safe mode.

then boot to normal windows when you try the sound (each time you install).

One tinsy little idea, is the sound jack plugged in securely ?
Also have you tried plugging in the sound to the front Speaker jack ?
I realize this is simple, but usually it's the simple mistakes that cause the most grief

kimsland said:
One tinsy little idea, is the sound jack plugged in securely ?
Also have you tried plugging in the sound to the front Speaker jack ?
I realize this is simple, but usually it's the simple mistakes that cause the most grief

It's onboard sound. You can't really hook the sound into the front panel either.

No sound device on my computer

HI

I wonder if anyone can help me. I used to have sound on my computer but i think when i was deleting some of the old files or programs i had on my computer i might have deleted this. I hear bleeps on my computer from time to time but the sound is not working anymore.

The make and model of my computer is Acer 3003WLMi

I hope someone can help me

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back