Sound Only Coming out one speaker =(

Status
Not open for further replies.

james_k1988

I recently got new system parts (including a mobo, Which is what teh sound is pluged into, no sound card) and have got eveything going good so far. But i realised a while ago there that my sound (for both games and mp3's an such) are only comeing out my right speaker. I tested the speakers out on my mp3 player an ther fine . i tryed anotehr set of speakers on the pc, sound does come out both speakers but its teh same sound that came out the one speaker of the last speakers (hehe ino thatll be conufseing) in other words, its only teh right hand sound coming out.I think this has only happened recently casuse i think i woulda noticed if it happened earlier (but i cant be sure). I have check all teh settings, checked the mixer thing (it has a test bit, to test both speakers. The right one wos workin but the left one wosnt) so im sure its a setting thats messed up somewhere

The sound drivers used are Reaktek AC97' Audio
The board is a MSI RS480M2-IL ATI XPRESS 200 Micro ATX
The mixer thing came with the sound drivers, which were on The mobo driver cd

i looked around teh forums to see if there were any similar probs but could only find ones with surround sound. although something weird did come up. someone mentioned somethin about anotehr network connection called 1394. well i have that. i didnt kno what it was so left it be lol i havnt installed network drivers, so it wos jus my os ( xp pro) that picked up that 1934 and my connection (realtek ethernet adaptor) up. There are drivers for the network on the mobo disc an ill put them on if you think itll help this.

Any ideas neone? :confused:

--------------------------------
Heres my com stats if itll help

AMD 64 3200+
MSI RS480M2-IL ATI XPRESS 200 Micro ATX
1024 RAm / 1 512mb pc3200, 1 512mb pc2700
160g Western Digital HDD , 80G Maxtor
Windows xp pro
Radeon x800le HIM
Onboard Sound

pleaaaaaaaasssseeeee help. Incase what i said has confused some of ya as i guess it does look a bit muddled. whats basically happeneing is that the sound devive must think it is on surround sound. And that one port is for teh left speakers, and anotehr port for teh right speaker. But this is wrong as i dont have anything like thatl, i jus want all the sound out the one port. an as far as i can tell it is set up 2 come out one port, just isnt lol

The only sound thing i have besides the sound jacks is a onboard PDIF-out thing, looks like a AV jack (liek on teh back of gcards or on tv's) cept its orange. But again my audio config is set not 2 put nethin out that

I have the exact same problem... i´ve noticed it a week ago and i´m sure that it worked before. i thougt it had something to do with the drivers but it doesnt work... did you solve your problem?? if you did i would like to know how... we have almost the same system

I a hold of a sound card m8 lol saved myself the bother. I think mybye a Bios update would fix it (becuase i have done many since which has solved alot of other problems) so might be worth a try

I know you said you have tried your speakers elsewhere, and they work, but humor me by switching the speakers.... left in right, and right in left on that board.
Speakers are the cause of failure at least 90 percent of the time... and nearly all sound cards, integrated or PCI, are good most of the time a client thinks they are bad.

my speakers were deffo good as i tested them elsewhere, and they worked fine when i put the sound card in. ill give it a try later on to see if that bios update fixed it

It is extremely unlikely that your pc has anything to do with the lack of sound from one speaker.
I dont know a huge amount about audio systems but in my experience it most likely one of the following problems:
-Bad cable running from PC to amp, (look for breaks in the insulation etc)
-Bad connections at either end of the cable (Especially check the connection at both ends, gently waggle them while playing a song and listen for the other speaker cutting in)
Since you said both speakers worked with a sound card, waggle the jack in the line out on your motherboard and see if the speaker cuts in.

Good, simple, and will work more than 99% of the time in finding the problem... if it is not a intermittent speaker problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back