Sound problem plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.

SenateKT

i bought a new case a little whileback and i hooked my mobo
(p4s800D-E deluxe) up for the front panel audio jack on the new case and i got this slite static/squeeking in the background so i thought maybe the front panel audio had bad wiring of somthing so i just put the jumpers back on and pluged back into the backpanel audio and now i still have the same thing worked fine in my old case the static sound is there when im just siting there at idle but then if i move the mouse it squeeks to the movement like if i go up down it goes sqeek squeek then i jujst sit there and its static it is very quiet not noticable when im playing games or music. i need help asap

if it is bareley noticable, you needn't worry. 'tis probably ambient EMI. there's not really anything you can do to fix it, as the problem lies with your case, PCB wiring, and perhaps any combo of internal components.

if its loud by your judgement the board is probably faulty.

ok i called Asus tech support and he told me im getting emi from my hard drive to my motherboard and he said the only things i can do are move the harddive further away from mobo or get a new HD but i dont really have that option as of right now since my SATA cord is only so long i was wondering what else i could try like isolating the HD with something that will block the emi? what can i try + would getting a pci card help or would it interfere with that to?

You should first isolate if this is indeed EMI from the HD to mainboard.. or if it's simply the wiring or poorly shielded connectors on the sound output.

You said you ran the sound to the front-panel audio jacks. It's possible that wire or connector is what's picking up the interference. You should check this by removing this cable/wiring, orienting this away from the HD/mainboard (like out the back with the case open for a test) and fire up the PC to see if the sound can still be heard.

If no matter where you orient the connector the EMI noise is still present, then you indeed have an issue with EMI from the HD to mainboard.. which, as already mentioned, can mainly be cured by repositioning the HD further away from the mainboard... I'm afraid.

Hi, I also have an ASUS board that was giving me the sh*ts with its onboard sound, I would get a throbbing sound and a squeeky sound when I would move my mouse around and while no music was playing it would just pulse. The solution is easy just get a sound card and disable the onboard sound. I used an old sound blaster card and the speakers not only sound better but they dont make any more of those strange noises they did with the onboard sound.
Cheers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back