Soundblaster surround not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have my pc hooked to my hdtv and surround system.Using SB 5.1 live card.I get sound ok but not true surround.I have 3.5 hooked from digital out of card to coax digital in on reciever.I get 2 channel sound great with this setup.I have downloaded several 5.1 surround sound files and test files to check if decoding is working.I have turned on digital output only and turn off ac3 .Any one know what i might be missing ?

Best i can tell from reading on web is that sound blaster cards will not give true 5.1 surround through the digital out.It seams with this sound card my only option would be using the rca outputs from card to reciever.Only my reciever doesn't have the inputs for seprate front/rear/center/sub channels.Is there any type of converter i can use or maybe a diferent sound card that can do 5.1 surround through the digital out?

The best advice i can give you is to plug it in to your line out(where you normaly put your speakers). That way you can get 5.1 sound for external amplifiers.

Greets Crazy,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back