Soundcard conflict!!!! pls help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I recently purchased a soundblaster live and a creative 5.1 setup hoping i would have a very nice surround sound experience, unfortunately i cannot get the card to work. It goes as follows: I am running on a compaq deskpro with windows 98 I install the soundblaster live and it always tells me to install the drivers for some PCI multimedia audio device everytime i reboot. And the cd that came with the card doesnt have anything driver wise for this annoyance. So i disabled the onboard sound in the bios and the device manager but it still pops up in the device manager and though i seem to install drivers for a creative multimedia device the same message as before always comes up along with a need for some PCI input controller drivers and nothing ever changes. They both sit there in device manager with a yellow ! beside them so i do not know what to do. I have also tried keeping the onboard enabled just changing the IRQ but that doesnt even work. If anyone could please help find a solution it would be very much appreciated and i would be greatful.

Thank you

Bios

Did you disable to onboard sound in the bios?
You must first disable the onboard sound then load the CD drivers when asked upon startup of windows.
Maybe a proprietary thing.

I had the same problem but with Win 2000. The only thing that worked was disabling the onboard audio in device manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back