SoundMAX Digital Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riggles

Well, I have a Dell Dimension 8300. I recently reinstalled Windows, and it looks like I need to reinstall my sound drivers (FYI; I'm computer-deficient. I can't figure things out to save my life). I can't find the right files to install to fix it, and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

I tried this file: er.. it won't let me post the link... but it looks like it's not the right one, telling me it can't find the correct driver or something or other.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

If you go to the Dell website and enter your Dell service tag number, it should give you a list of drivers for your model.

Can you go to the Device Manager to confirm there are no yellow symbols next to any devices which would indicate a driver problem? Go to Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager.

Alright, we figured it out (a Dell rep. and I in a chat window). Turns out I just didn't have the correct sound upgrade. We installed that and it works fine. Thanks, just the same, guys.

Alright, sorry to revive an old thread, but I figured better this than a new one.

Ever since the reinstall, I've been having lots of trouble with sound. As I said, the Dell Representative installed the drivers for me and it seemed to fix, but then it started cutting out. It'll be working fine for a little while, then just randomly stop working. No sound will come from it for several minutes, then it will fix again. Do you think this is my drivers or another problem? I didn't have this problem before reinstalling Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back